Coaching, Collaboration and Communication for your team
Whether you’re looking for a one off workshop for a call back or teacher only day, or a more long-term professional learning programme, I’ve got something fantastic for you and your team.
Resetting your team culture? I can help.
Looking to enhance collaboration? I’m all over it.
Leaders ready to take their teams to the next level? IT’S WHAT I LIVE FOR!
We know that it’s important to differentiate learning opportunities for students right? That’s how I know that there’s no one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to professional learning. The first step for me working with your team is to understand your challenges and from there, build a program of professional learning just for you. As a professional learning facilitator, I help schools to:
• Overhaul their school-wide appraisal systems
• Provide ongoing and individualised support to promote enhanced wellbeing for all team members
• Use coaching to strengthen collaborative teacher inquiries
• Provide skills training for on-site coaches
• Explore coaching in the classroom and enhance the way that teachers and students communicate with each other, particularly when giving and receiving feedback
Here are a couple of examples of in-school professional learning programmes:
Coaching your Team
One-on-one professional coaching is gaining so much momentum right now because IT WORKS! With this PLD programme you get me either face-to-face or remotely to coach nominated members of your team as they set about achieving professional goals that they don’t even know they’re capable of yet.
Each coachee will:
• Set goals using the Education Councils Leadership Capabilities Framework
• Receive ongoing and individualised support with their professional goals
• Have 3 one hour coaching sessions each term (either face-to-face or remotely)
• Receive notes and supporting resources after each coaching session
• Have access to email/text support for the small stuff between coaching sessions
This professional learning programme is designed to train your own on-site coaches so that any member of your school community can access coaching conversations for learning.
Throughout this professional learning journey, your nominated onsite coaches will learn to:
• Develop coaching skills that work with their natural communication style
• Turn critical conversations in to coaching conversations
• Use coaching as a powerful tool in teacher inquiry and appraisal
• Embed a culture of coaching across your school
• Utilise coaching in the classroom as a game-changing way of giving and receiving feedback
Each programme starts at $2,250+GST and travel per term (based on 4-6 coachees)
Do you already have some MOE PLD funding approved for strengthening leadership capabilities in your school or Kāhui Ako? Great – get in touch and we can start building a plan that will tick all the boxes. Or if you’d like to apply for some funding and don’t know where to start – I can help you with every step of the PLD application process.
Or maybe your school community is committed to self-funding – I’m totally on board with that as well!
The Collaboration Game – It’s Professional Learning through Play.
$300+GST and travel if outside of Hamilton
The Collaboration Game is based on a popular LEGO® simulation game from the business world. I have adapted it to reflect the realities of teamwork in an educational setting. The purpose of the game is to get an overview of the fundamentals of collaboration, communication and coaching (the 3 C’s).
Each participant experiences what it is like to be a key stakeholder in a child’s education by taking on a unique role such as teacher, parent, office administrator, ERO reviewer etc. You will all work together to achieve a common goal – getting all of the reports delivered to parents on time and to standard, all through the use of LEGO®.
The Collaboration Game creates an awareness of why the 3 C’s are so beneficial to all members of your community. After your team have experienced it- you’ll never make decisions the same way again!
It’s a hands-on experience that your team will continue to talk about, long after the LEGO® is packed away.
You will explore:
• The importance of expectations and how you can set them together as a team
• Clear communication that benefits every member of your school community
• Understanding that collaboration is working together to achieve something that you couldn’t do as a group of individuals working in isolation
Half day Interactive Personality Profiling workshop for teams of all sizes
$500+GST and Travel
Sometimes we wonder why others struggle with the tasks that we find so simple, or why a concept makes complete sense to everyone else in the room except for us. My Exploring Personalities workshop, helps us to break down these barriers and create a shared understanding amongst your team of what it is that makes us all tick.
As the exclusive New Zealand Educational Partner for People Maps International, I have a deep understanding of the complexities of personalities. I can help your team to discover what their personality preferences are, and most importantly, how to work and communicate with people who do not share their particular preferences.
We take a deep dive into the four key elements of personalities:
Energy Style – what do the term ‘introvert’ and ‘extrovert’ actually mean?
Cognitive Style – where are you on the facts vs possibilities scale?
Values Style – do you think more with your head or your heart?
Self Management Style – structured or spontaneous – which one describes your work style?
Exploring Personalities is a tremendous way to lift the lid on the personalities within your school and can be done as a small group or with your entire community. It is a great team-building activity for your next teacher only day and a fun callback day activity to ensure that you are starting the new term/year with a fresh perspective.
Have you got one or two eager beavers who would like to take their own coaching journey for a spin before committing to rolling it out across your whole school? Then remote one-on-one coaching is for you.